1903 - Originally built by the US Army’s 27th Infantry Cavalry Division under the Leadership of Captain John “Black Jack” J. Pershing as one of the four military buildings that constituted the barracks of the American soldiers.
1910- Was converted and organized into a 25-bed hospital by Captain James Ames, who also became its first Chief of Hospital.
1940- Was named Lanao General Hospital which became popularly known to the locals as Public Hospital.
1970 - Then renamed Amai Pakpak General Hospital (APGH) in honor of the late Amai Pakpak, whose real name was Datu Akadir Akobar, the Maranao hero who fought against the Spaniards in the famous Battle of Marawi in 1895.
1984 - Amai Pakpak General Hospital was integrated into the Provincial Health Office of Lanao Del Sur under the supervision of the Integrated Provincial Health Office-Lanao Del Sur (IPHO-Lanao Del Sur
1995 - APGH was renationalized and converted into a Medical Center by virtue of Republic Act No. 7943. The Bill was sponsored by the late Congressman Mamintal M. Adiong, signed into law on March 3, 1995. However, its implementation only took effect in 1999.
Dr. Primitivo D. Chua, who was conferred honorary Sultan Makapiya of Lanao, spearheaded in defending th Bill, together with various health-related organizations such as the Philippine Medical Association and Philippine Nurses Association, during the plenary session of the Congress until its approval.